Here is a handy guide to assist anyone who is planning to
apply for a lockdown travel e pass in India.
Lockdown 4.0 is just a few days away with its new rules and set of WhatsApp, but that does not mean that people are still not thinking how to get it, be it within a state or between states. The questions make absolutely no sense. India is currently in lockdown since 25 March with agitation for most of the people banned or discouraged. Unfortunately, as alert as one may be, travel between states may be required under certain circumstances; Maybe you study in another state and want to go back home. Or maybe there is a medical emergency that you have to travel. So, yes, many people are wondering how to get a travel pass during lockdown 3.0.
- Simply put, it will depend on many factors. First, the area you are in. If you are in a control area, you cannot travel unless there is a medical emergency. But if you are in a red, orange or green area, you can travel locally between 7am and 7pm without a pass. After 7 pm, movement is allowed only for essential services and medical emergencies.
- Now, interstate travel during lockdown. Under the current provisions of Lockdown 3.0, interstate travel in private vehicles continue to be banned, However, you get a travel pass provided you have a valid reason.
- To apply for e-pass for agitation during lockdown, you have an option on the new serviceplus website of the central government. Currently, it is being used by 17 states in India to issue travel passes to individuals and groups. Once you select the state of origin, ie where you are located, you will reach the state’s Personal Travel Pass application website, where you fill in the required information, submit documents, and then approve your application or Let’s wait to be rejected.
- If you are residing in a state, even if temporarily, it is not using the Central Government’s ServicePlus website, just Google “Apply for Travel e Pass” with the state name and the results. One of you will take you to the state official. Website. Or you can also check the civil services of the state police to apply for travel e-pass. For example, for Delhi anyone can apply for a lockdown pass through the Delhi Police website. For Rajasthan, you have to use the Rajkop Citizen App or navigate to the state government’s dedicated website.
- No matter the mode or medium through which you apply for e-pass, after the application is submitted, you will receive a reference number. Note this to track application status. And if your application is approved, the movement e-pass will have your name, address, validity and a QR code. It is mandatory to keep a copy of the e-pass while traveling, so that security personnel can be shown if they ask for it.