Mussoorie, India The Queen of Hills
Mussoorie ,India An Extremely Popular Weekend Destination For Delhiites! It Is About 290Km From New Delhi and 35Km From The Heart of The District Dehradun of The Northern Indian State of Uttarakhand. Its Natural Beauty and Quite and Calm Surrounding Attract and Fascinate The Tourist to Visit The Place.
It Is Considered As a Very Suitable Place For Honeymoon Couples Particularly on The Lake Side View. It Is Crowded In Summer Season and The Price of The Goods and Services Also Goes Up But I Choose to Visit In October as I Was Having Holidays and I Like to Travel When The Crowd Is Less So For Me This Was The Perfect Time, Though You Can Travel Mussoorie In Any Month As Per Your Convenience As Its An All Time Travel Place.
How To Reach Mussoorie From Delhi-NCR
Mussoorie,India Is Very Well Connected You Can Either Take a Flight,Volvo Bus or Train to Reach Till Dehradun From There You Can Either Take a Taxi or Local Bus to Reach Mussoorie. The Distance Between Dehradun To Mussoorie is Hardly 35km But I will Suggest If You Are Travelling From Delhi Your Own Vehicle Will Be The Best Option and while travelling to Mussoorie you can also cover Dhanaulti its a place to be In..
You Can Take a Flight and The Nearest Airport Is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, Which Is About 60kms Away From Mussoorie From There You Can Book a Cab.
Here Too, The Nearest Station Is Dehradun and Around 35Kms Away From Mussoorie From The Station You Can Hire a Cab/Taxi or Local Bus Transport To Reach Mussoorie. You Can Book Your Train Ticket From IRCTC There are Multiple Trains Running Between Delhi to Dehradun.
By Volvo Bus
You Can Board Your Bus From Majnu Ka Tila or ISBT Kashmiri Gate Delhi Till Your Dropping Point Dehradun Bus Stand and From There Off to Mussoorie By Cab/Taxi or Local Bus.
By Your Own Transport
The Journey By Car Takes Approx 6 to 7 Hours. The Route From Delhi Will Be Delhi—–Gaziabad—-Meerut—–Muzzafarnagar——-Dehradun——Mussoorie . This Is The Route I Took For My Mussoorie Journey. Here is a Tip For You Guys I’ll Suggest You to Start Your Journey In The Early Morning and Yeah As Its a Hilly Area If You Are Comfortable Driving Then Only Go For a Self Drive.
Tourist Attractions of Mussoorie
A Place to Escape From The Heat, Mussoorie Is a Premier Hill Station Today .Occasional Snow Falls,Charming Mall Colonial Homes and a Pleasant Climate Makes Mussoorie a Popular Destination.
The Biggest and Prettiest Waterfall, Located In a Beautiful Valley and Surrounded By High Mountains Is Situated 15kms From Mussoorie. You Can Refresh and Enjoy With Kids at The Foot Of The Falls. I Would Say Its a Must Watch and You Will Surely Not Regret While Spending Time Here.
One of The Major Tourist Attraction of Mussoorie Is Situated About 6 Kms From Gandhi Chowk/ Library Bazar To Reach Out This Place You Suppose to Walk Towards Haathi Paon Near George Everest House. It Offers Spectacular Views of The Snow Himalayan Peaks and the Paranomic View of The Valley. Sir George Everest House Was Built In 1832. It Is Also Known As The Park Estate. It Was the Home And Laboratory of Sir George Everest.
The Popular Shopping Place of Mussoorie – The Mall Road, Its The Main Highlight of Mussoorie. The Mall Road Is Famous For Its Beautiful Viewpoints of The Doon Valley. Starting at Picture Palace and Ending at The Library Chowk Takes Around 4kms In Between You’ll Find Various Food Joints , Cafes ,Gurudwara ,Temple Along With Variety of Wooden Items For Your Home Decor as There are a Lot of Shopping Avenues at The Mall Road.
You Can Also Visit Camel’s Back Road , Lal Tibba , Gun Hill, Mussoorie Lake, Company Garden and Eat all Kind of Snacks ,Coffee,Maggie off course and EnjoyYour Mussoorie Trip.
Accommodation In Mussoorie
Mussoorie Is Full of Delightful Hotels. You’ll Get all Sort off Options From Luxurious Hotels to Dorms. I Stayed Near Mall Road You Can Opt According to Your Budget and Preferences. You’ll Get All Types and Variety of Accommodation In Mussoorie.
Iconic Places To Eat In Mussoorie
- Anil’s Cafe– One of The Oldest Cafe of Mussoorie It Is Also Known as Char DukKan And Its Just Besides St.Paul Church. Its Famous For Waffles,, Cakes , Omlette .This Cafe Serving From Last 50 Years. Many Famous Celebrities Been To This Place.
- Lovely Omelette Centre- This Food Joint Is There Since 1918 and They are Very Famous For There Omelette.Trust Me Guys Its a Must Try Masterpiece.
- Kalsang Friend’s Corner- They are Famous For There Chinese Food They are Serving From The Past 14 Years. There Is a Tradition at Kalsang to Leave a Message on a Tissue Paper So That Whenever You Come Back You Will Have Memories to Cherish. Do Try There Momos You Will Love It.
- There are Some Famous Cafe’s, Too Like Chick Chocolate and Little Llama You Can Try These Awesome Places and There Variety of Dishes to Enjoy Your Food Journey.
Tips and Guidelines–
- Best Time To Visit Mussoorie- Except for The Monsoon Season, You Can Travel Any Time As Its Crowded with Tourist Year Round.
- Days To Explore Mussoorie- To Explore Mussoorie One Has To Have Minimum 2Days as There are Plenty of Places To See.
- Is ATM There- Yes You Will Find ATM’s Anywhere easily.
- A Weekend Gateway For Delhi/NCR People.
- Do Try Some Adventure Activities- Paragliding, Hike, Trek at Hathipaon,Ropeway to Gunhill, Sky Riding and So On.
So Guys, I Have Covered All-most Everything Which I Guess Will Help You All While Travelling To Mussoorie. If In Case You Have Any Query You Can Message Me Or Can Follow Me On Instagram and Ask Your Travel Questions.
To Know About Me Click Here.
Thank You All For Your Precious Time. I Hope My Experience Will Help You In Your Travel Journey!!